Sunday, July 17, 2011
Frogger
I still cant get over the scooters here and crossing the street. It's like playing frogger. Today we had a whole new perspective as we went on a vespa tour. They picked us up at our house and drove us all over the city. The guy who owns the company is actually from sc.my drivers name was tiger and he knew so much history. I'm learning so much about the history between the us and Vietnam. Today learned that one of their presidents was asassinated twenty days before Kennedy. He says many people believe they are correlated. Then we went to a Chinese temple. We wrote a wish on a piece of paper and then attached it to this spiral incense thing. Then we had tto keep repeating our wish while we lit the bottom of the spiral on fire. It takes 3 weeks to burn (or 3 days...Beth and I heard different things) then your wish goes up into the air. Tonight we are going to a rooftop bar and a restaurant that used to be a temple. Then tomorrow we start to teach. We go to one school in the morning, come home and have lunch and then go to a different one in the afternoon. Hope everyone is doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear that you are learning more of the history. I am still interested in knowing the temps there. Can you post that on one of these blogs? It all sounds very interesting. I bet I know the wish you used. I read once about writing a wish down every day and then burning the wish to get the wish to come true. I think you were suppose to repeat this process for a ton of days. I tried it once, and on the first day nearly set the kitchen on fire, so I decided to stick with old fashion prayer, a lot less dangerous. Mom
Oh, by the way, post a picture! I'm too curious.
You're really learning a lot in your time there! The scooter tours sound wonderful. Do they drive safely? Hope so!
Post a Comment