Monday, July 25, 2011
Midnight on the Orient Express
So I just posted a very long blog and then it disappeared. So, I'm sure I will not be as witty and charming on this one as I was on the original! :) We got back from our overnight cruise to Halong Bay today. It was amazing. The myth is that a dragon flew down and landed into the bay and his back or spine or whatever dragons have created all of the islands. There are almost 2,000 limestone small islands in the bay. It was a little like a setting for a murder mystery type thing at first. About 20 of us got on a cruise ship and headed out into the bay. We went to a cave and then went kayaking. Beth and I kayaked into a small type cave in one of the rocks. Then we went swimming near the boat. Several of us jumped off the top of boat. It was a three story boat. Then we got cleaned up and headed to dinner. We made our own spring rolls. I ripped the paper on mine. I'm like a bull in a China shop over here! Not exactly a dainty Asian girl. Then we went squid fishing with a bamboo pole. The squid were not biting though. Then this morning we went to another cave and then went back to the mainland. Then we had a 3 hour bus ride back to Hanoi. Tonight is our last night in Vietnam. We went to a water puppet show and then went to a good dinner. We leave for Hong Kong tomorrow. Mom, I'm not sure about the internet situation there. I know I keep saying that and then here we had our own personal computer. So I never really know! Hope everyone is doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry the 1st one disappeared, and this post showed up twice. They sounds like the islands from Thailand where they filmed the Bond movie. Was it similar? I went on a nice kayak trip yesterday myself with Kim Eddy Remeley and her sister. We went into Marsh Creek, which was nice a quiet area. Can't wait to hear about Hong Kong. Keep having those safe travels.
They sound oops
Post a Comment