Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweet mother of hot showers!

and air conditioned rooms!!! Beth and I arrived safely to Hanoi today. We were greeted by Ms. Tran with pineapple welcome drinks. We just realized that we didn't get a room key or anything. And we haven't given them a credit card for the room. Just went to the room and took a nap. Guess we will figure that out later! Beth and I had an amazing time in Saigon and both said our favorite thing about it was the people. Everyone was so amazing. The Vietnamese people are so kind and sweet. We made great friends from Vietnam and other places all over the world. Wish I could share pictures on this! Oh, and our room is complete with flat screen and computer! All for 50 bucks a night. And we asked Ms. Tran (will never get old saying that) if she knew of a pedicure place and she said she knew a great girl who could come and give us a pedicure on the street. Hmmmm??

4 comments:

Mom said...

How many days in Hanoi?

Jane in Argentina said...

two nights and then we go on a halong bay cruise. It's supposed to be really cool. Overnight boat with a cooking lesson and sun deck. We go to a pearl farm! Then we come back and have one more night in Hanoi. So 3 nights total in Hanoi with an overnight trip to Halong Bay in between! I got you a cute purse tonight!!! It is like a straw type cute hard purse with a black circle handle that is out of a harder material. I could not write for a fashion magazine since that does not sound very cute!!

A Brush with Color said...

Yay! air conditioning!! So happy for you two. It really does sound like an amazing trip you're having. That pineapple drink sounds yummy, too. Good for you!

Mom said...

OOO, can't wait to see it. You have great taste, so I am sure it is adorable. The overnight on the boat sounds like a really neat experience. Can't wait to hear how it went. Thanks for thinking of me. Love you.